Returning Sub packets will be available on August 1, 2017 on our website or you may pick one up at the Administration Building. Please return promptly. School starts August 21, 2017
Substitute Teacher Applicants
Application Process for Fall 2017
Begins August 1 and ends August 30, 2017.
- Substitute applications available at L.A. Mills Administration Bldg., 100 Walter Stephenson Rd. or download from the website
- Attach a copy of your driver's license, social security card, high school diploma, college transcripts and teaching certificate (if applicable). You'll need a beneficiary's social security number to complete the FICA alternative program form
- Return original completed sub packet to the L.A. Mills Administration Bldg.
- Applicants who have met the criteria [including fingerprints] and have been approved for substitute teaching will receive an email and/or postal notification.
- Only those who have received this notification will be eligible to attend the training.
You may be removed from the district's substitute roster if:
- You have poor performance or misconduct
- You repeatedly turn down or reject assignments, repeatedly unavailable for calls, or frequently cancel assigned positions
- You do not accept at least 4-5 assignments per month
Fall 2017 Training - Wednesday September 13, 2017 100 Walter Stephenson, 8 am - 12 pm
Midlothian ISD pays $60 per day for substitutes with a high school diploma or GED, $65 per day for substitutes with a four-year college degree, and $75 per day for substitutes with teacher certification from any state. Substitute terms for the same teacher for longer than 10 consecutive days, the pay increases to $95, $105, and $125 for each level of certification. If a substitute is used for a paraprofessional, the rate is $60 per day, regardless of the certification level. Paraprofessional
pay increases to $70 after 10 consecutive days for the same staff member.