Substitute Teacher Applicants
(Please do not print two-sided)
Application Process Begins for Fall 2017 - TBA
- Substitute applications available at L.A. Mills Administration Bldg., 100 Walter Stephenson Rd. or download from the website
- Attach a copy of your driver's license, social security card, high school diploma, college transcripts and teaching certificate (if applicable). You'll need a beneficiary's social security number to complete the FICA alternative program form
- Return original completed sub packet to the L.A. Mills Administration Bldg.
- Applicants who have met the criteria [including fingerprints] and have been approved for substitute teaching will receive an email and/or postal notification.
- Only those who have received this notification will be eligible to attend the training.
You may be removed from the district's substitute roster if:
- You have poor performance or misconduct
- You repeatedly turn down or reject assignments, repeatedly unavailable for calls, or frequently cancel assigned positions
- You do not accept at least 4-5 assignments per month
Fall 2017 Training - TBA
Midlothian ISD pays $60 per day for substitutes with a high school diploma or GED, $65 per day for substitutes with a four-year college degree, and $75 per day for substitutes with teacher certification from any state. Substitute terms for the same teacher for longer than 10 consecutive days, the pay increases to $95, $105, and $125 for each level of certification. If a substitute is used for a paraprofessional, the rate is $60 per day, regardless of the certification level. Paraprofessional
pay increases to $70 after 10 consecutive days for the same staff member.